This simple but elegant appetizer adds color and pizzazz to a holiday party.
Why Try? The salty, slightly chewy prosciutto is a perfect complement to al dente asparagus. Though prosciutto may be considered a ‘luxury’ ingredient, this recipe calls for a small quantity and allows it to shine.
- 12 slices (6 ounces) prosciutto, sliced thin
- 24 (approximately 1 1/2 pounds) asparagus, medium thickness
- 1 Bring 2 gallons of salted water to a boil in a large stock pot. Add the asparagus and cook until tender, approximately 3 minutes. Remove asparagus from water and place in ice water for 5 minutes to stop residual cooking. Remove asparagus from ice water, drain and dry.
- 2 Cut sliced prosciutto in half. Wrap each stalk with one slice prosciutto and transfer to a baking sheet or serving platter.
- 3 Store covered in refrigeration up to one day in advance. Bring to room temperature before serving.