The traditional Italian dessert is given a seasonal, pumpkin twist in this delectable recipe.
Recipe courtesy of KRISTINA VANNI
- 8 ounce container mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 cup fresh pumpkin puree*
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup chopped pumpkin seeds (pepitas), divided
- 2 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 12 purchased cannoli shells (two 4-ounce boxes)
- Additional powdered sugar for dusting
- 1 In a large mixing bowl, stir together mascarpone cheese, pumpkin puree, powdered sugar, ricotta, and pumpkin pie spice until blended.
- 2 Fold in 1/4 cup of the pumpkin seeds and the mini chocolate chips; set aside. In a chilled mixing bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into pumpkin mixture.
- 3 Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours. Right before serving, pipe pumpkin filling into cannoli shells, going all the way to the ends. Sprinkle the ends with remaining 1/4 cup chopped pumpkin seeds. Sprinkle shell with powdered sugar and serve.