Make these moist muffins to share with your family on Thanksgiving morning, or serve them at the big meal later in the day.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
- 3 cups Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk or plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- OATMEAL STREUSEL TOPPING:1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 In large bowl, combine 3 cups Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, 1 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup pecans, cinnamon and cloves.
- 2 In medium bowl, stir together eggs, pumpkin, buttermilk and oil. Gently stir pumpkin mixture into dry ingredients just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- 3 Spoon about 1/4 cup batter into each of 24 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- 4 In small bowl, stir together streusel ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- 5 Bake at 375°F for 20 to 24 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean. Makes 24 muffins.