Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
Even people who are very pressed for time like to give home-made gifts – this jam is perfect for them.
Makes three 12-ounce jars
Facts per Serving
Calories: 122 Fat, Total: 0g Carbohydrates, Total: 28g
Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 16mg Protein: 0g
Fiber: 1g % Cal. from Fat: 0% % Cal. from Carbs: 92%
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 vanilla beans, split in half lengthwise
- Two 18-ounce jars cherry preserves
- One 14-ounce jar orange marmalade
- 1 Combine cherries, brandy, water and vanilla beans in heavy medium sauce pan. Simmer over medium-low heat until cherries are plump and liquid is reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- 2 Add preserves and marmalade. Cook stirring occasionally until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove vanilla beans and ladle into jars.