From the Quinoa Mac and Cheese cookbook: “Enjoy this savory, Indian-style Mac and Cheese with grass-fed lamb kabobs, cucumbers with yogurt, and deliciously grilled turmeric cauliflower. Namast-asty!”
It doesn’t have to be unhealthy to taste good. You can find more recipes like this one in Vibrantly Delicious’s new cookbook, Quinoa Mac and Cheese.
All of the recipes use Andean Dream Royal Quinoa Pasta, which is gluten- and corn-free, with a whopping 24 grams of protein.
- 6 cups water
- 1 pound grass-fed lamb
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry spice powder
- 1/4 bunch fresh dill weed
- 1 bunch organic cilantro, fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Splash olive oil
- 1 box (8 ounces) organic, gluten-free, Andean Dream Quinoa protein macaroni
- As needed coconut cooking oil
- 1 cucumber, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium-size tub organic plain yogurt
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- As needed olive oil
- 2 small sweet onions, diced
- 1 can organic coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon green chili powder
- 1/4 cup organic ginger root, freshly grated
- 1 package (6 ounces) organic spicy smoked Brie cheese
- 1 In a medium-size saucepan, bring 6 cups of water to a boil over high heat.
- 2 In a medium-size bowl, add ground lamb, paprika, curry spice, fresh dill, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Place in fridge covered for 10 minutes so it becomes more solid.
- 3 When the water boils, add a splash of olive oil and a pinch of salt; then add the whole box of Andean Dream macaroni and stir periodically for 10 minutes until al dente (just a bit chewy). Make sure you keep checking it so it does not overcok by tasting one piece with a fork.
- 4 In a separate medium-size saucepan, preheat to medium heat. Spray evenly with the coconut cooking spray. Take the seasoned ground lamb out of the fridge and make the kabobs (about 6). Sauté them in the preheated pan for about 6-8 minutes, making sure to move them around so they cook evenly.
- 5 Peel the cucumber and cut it into quarters. Mix with yogurt in a medium-size bowl. Add 1⁄2 teaspoon of fresh, chopped dill and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well, cover and place in the fridge.
- 6 Preheat oven to 475 degrees F and place cauliflower heads in a medium-sized bowl. Add a drizzle of olive oil, 1⁄4 teaspoon of curry and paprika spices, salt and pepper. Mix well then place in a baking pan and bake for 10 minutes. Make sure to check on the lamb kabobs and keep on low heat.
- 7 When the pasta is ready, drain it and pour into the sauté pan and add the diced onions, coconut milk with fresh chopped cilantro and dill, 1 teaspoon of curry spice, paprika, green chili, salt/pepper to your taste and grated ginger. Mix well and cover on low heat.
- 8 Finish by adding the whole package of the smoked brie cheese broken in chunks to the cooked macaroni and mix well. Remove the roasted cauliflower from the oven and place on the serving platter with the cooked lamb kabobs. Bring the platter, the bowl of cucumber yogurt, and the finished Indian Mac and Cheese to the dinner table.