Looking to create a colorful and delicious, yet healthy side dish for your next family gathering? Try this refreshing Rainbow Quinoa Summer Salad by Alter Eco.
- 1 1/2 cups Alter Eco Rainbow Quinoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup tightly packed basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 to 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 or 2 lemons)
- 1 Rinse quinoa thoroughly in cool water and drain.
- 2 In a medium saucepan combine quinoa, salt and 3 cups water.
- 3 Bring to boil over high heat.
- 4 Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5 Add corn, cover and cook until water is absorbed.
- 6 Let cool, then transfer mixture to large serving bowl.
- 7 Toss well with fork, fluffing quinoa.
- 8 Add basil, peppers and onion.
- 9 Stir in oil and enough lemon juice to give salad a distinct lemony edge.
- 10 Adjust seasons to taste.