This non refrigerated date and walnut biscuit mix is filled with spices and if you make enough – it will last up to a week in your kitchen.
- 1 pound dates (kh'las) or any good quality ripe fresh dates
- 1/2 cup roasted good quality walnuts, toasted
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup unflavored vegetable oil
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Tiny pinch of salt (optional)
- Cinnamon to garnish
- 2 tbsp of butter, melted
- 1 DATES PREP
- 2 Cut dates in half and remove pit
- 3 Fill with walnuts and continue placing them as you like in the serving dish
- 4 BISCUIT PREP
- 5 In a hot skillet, dry roast the all purpose flour until you get a blond color.
- 6 Sieve and then push through back to the pan. Gradually whisk in the oil.
- 7 Finish with the nutmeg and cardamom and a tiny pinch of salt.
- 8 Add and mix in the butter until it is completely melted.
- 9 TO SERVE
- 10 Pour the biscuit mix on the dates, garnish with cinnamon and serve immediately