Who wants to turn on their oven in the summer? This is a perfect summer dessert that is easy, healthy, and tastes amazing.
Recipe courtesy of Pure Recipes
Enter the Pure Bar Recipe Contest for a chance to win a trip to Napa Valley wine country. Click here for details.
- CRUST: 2 cups organic raw almonds
- 2 cups organic dates
- Pinch of sea salt (add other spices if you want more flavor like cinnamon or allspice, ginger, lemon zest, coconut, etc.)
- FILLING: 6 cups organic whole blueberries (or sliced fruit of choice)
- 1 cup soaked organic dates (soaked for 10 minutes then drained)
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed organic lemon juice (more or less)
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil (adjust level for pie firmness if needed)
- 1 FOR CRUST: Blend the almonds and dates together in a food processor until crumbly. Firmly press mixture into a 9-inch pie plate and freeze for 1/2 hour.
- 2 FOR FILLING: Blend together 2 cups blueberries, soaked and drained dates, lemon juice, and coconut oil until smooth. Pour blended mixture over the rest of the whole blueberries, mix and pour into frozen crust. Let the entire mixture refrigerate for 2 hours and serve chilled.