This is an excellent vegetarian recipe that combines flavors and cultural styles in an interesting way. With cultural fusions trending right now, this is one recipe that will prove to everyone that you have good taste and aren’t afraid to mix it up in the kitchen.
- 1 cup raw walnuts (soaked for 2 hours or overnight, drained)
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, re-hydrated
- 1 small shallot or 1/2 medium red onion
- Juice of half a lime
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Spanish or smoked paprika
- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust for heat preference)
- 1 clove garlic
- Sea salt to taste (1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon)
- 2-3 tablespoons of water to get mixture moving.
- 4 coconut wraps cut into quarters
- 1 Put all ingredients, except water, into a food processor and pulse until ingredients are incorporated.
- 2 Stop in between to scrape down sides.
- 3 Add a tablespoon of water as needed.
- 4 Mixture should be thick and relatively dry but moist.
- 5 Add additional cayenne for added heat.
- 6 Add lettuce on top of wrap, then taco meat, salsa and a green olive.
- 7 Serving options: serve on romaine or endive lettuce topped with salsa and a green olive. Serve in organic blue corn taco shell or flat bread.