Red Beans and Rice Recipe. A traditional favorite. Serve on rice with cornbread.
Recipe Courtesy of The Vegetable with More.™
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 831, Total Fat: 29.4g, Cholesterol: 68mg, Sodium: 1975mg, Total Carbs: 105.1g, Dietary Fiber: 18.3g, Protein: 32.7g
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 ounces fully cooked sausage (such as andouille), cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 3 (16 ounce) cans BUSH'S® BEST Kidney Beans, with liquid
- 2 (16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- Hot sauce
- 4 cups fully cooked rice, kept warm
- Corn bread
- 1 Heat oil in large soup pot over medium heat.
- 2 Add onion, pepper and celery and saute for 5 minutes.
- 3 Add remaining ingredients, except rice and cornbread, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- 4 Add hot sauce, to taste. Serve on rice with cornbread.