A classic strawberry rhubarb pie recipe for your in-season rhubarb!
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups cane sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose, unbleached, flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, fresh, sliced
- 2 1/2 cups rhubarb, red, 1-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (9-inch) pastry crust, plus a lattice top
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, combine eggs, sugar, flour, salt and nutmeg. Mix well then set aside. In another bowl, combine rhubarb and strawberries then set aside.
- 2 Line a nine-inch pie plate with pastry then fill it with fruit mixture. Pour egg mixture over fruit then dot with butter.
- 3 Top with lattice crust, crimping edge high then place in preheated oven (on a baking sheet to catch drips) and bake for about 40 minutes or until the center of the pie begins to bubble.
- 4 Cover edge of pie with foil if it begins to get too brown. Cool then serve warm, room temperature or chilled.