How about making Rigatoni alla Buttera! It’s a simple combination using Italian sausage, crushed tomatoes, peas and heavy cream for a great flavor for dinner. This is part of our Now Get in the Kitchen Series.
Can’t wait to dive in! It’s a hearty sauce and big open noodles to catch all of the flavors!
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 white onion, chopped
- Crushed red pepper, pinch
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 bag frozen peas
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Rigatoni, prepared, reserve cooking water
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 In a large saucepan partially brown sausage and add onions and crushed red pepper cooking until both sausage and onions are browned.
- 2 Stir in tomatoes and simmer over medium heat for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- 3 Cook pasta in heavily salted water according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water.
- 4 Stir in peas to sauce, warm for 3 minutes, and finish with cream.
- 5 Add sauce to pasta adding reserved pasta water.
- 6 Top with Parmesan cheese and serve.