From Culinary Director Ron Rosselli and Chef de Cuisine Angela Bazan, it’s light, health-conscious and perfect for the end of summer. Cauliflower is the star, complemented by a Honey-Garlic Dressing and a Cashew Tahini.
The Surf Lodge is on the eastern end of Long Island and, during the summer, it’s one of the hottest destinations on the beach. It has a casual summer feel, with hammocks and artwork from surf lovers throughout. They specialize in dishes that highlight the fresh seafood from Montauk Harbor and use produce from local farms.
Enjoy this cauliflower treat at your next gathering!
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- To taste salt and pepper
- As desired white grapes, halved
- Garnish chopped cashews, scallions and chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic, sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chipotle powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups roasted cashews
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2 Cut 1 head cauliflower into florets and place in a bowl.
- 3 Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss with olive oil. Place on large rimmed baking sheet with garlic cloves.
- 4 Roast the cauliflower, tossing occasionally, until almost tender, 30-35 minutes.
- 5 When cauliflower is cooked and golden bown, remove from oven, place in bowl and lightly toss with sumac and the halved white grapes.
- 6 Transfer the cauliflower to a serving bowl and drizzle a liberal amount of cashew tahini over the top, followed by some of the honey chili vinaigrette.
- 7 Garnish with chopped cashews, scallions and chopped parsley.
Honey Garlic Dressing
- 1 In small pot, combine grapeseed oil and sliced garlic.
- 2 Bring oil to 160 degrees F and toast garlic until golden brown.
- 3 Add dried chipotle and remove from heat.
- 4 Blend grapeseed oil mixture.
- 5 Combine with remaining ingredients in a bowl and cool.
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2 Place cashews in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and roast in the oven for about 7 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3 When cashews are ready, remove from baking sheet and cool.
- 4 Place cashews, water, garlic, lemon juice and salt in the blender and blend until smooth.
- 5 Slowly pour and incorporate the grapeseed.