An impressive and incredibly easy tart! Loaded with flavor from roasted chiles, tomatoes, and cheese; making a great appetizer.
Perfect for pairing with a sweet wine, like a Sutter Home Moscato or Pink Moscato.
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 2 poblano peppers
- 4 ounces Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup roasted tomatoes or red peppers in oil, optional from deli section in store
For the Roasted Chilis
- 1 Heat oven on medium broil. Place the poblano chiles on the top rack and turn every 3 minutes until each side of the peppers have a nice char, this takes about 12-15 minutes.
- 2 Remove from the oven and place in a bowl and cover for 10 minutes.
- 3 Once the peppers have set, cut top off and remove stem and seeds.
- 4 Then gently remove the skin. Cut the pepper into thin slices.
For the Tart
- 1 Preheat oven to 425ºF. Place the puff pastry on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
- 2 Sprinkle 2/3 of the Gruyere cheese over the puff pastry sheet, making sure to cover it all evenly. Top with peppers and tomatoes.
- 3 Place the sheet in the oven and bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown and puffy.
- 4 When you remove the sheet, the pastry will be super puffy, but will quickly deflate. No worries! It’s still delicious. Slice it into squares and serve.
- 5 You can add salt and pepper if needed, but the Gruyere cheese is most likely salty enough. You can also drizzle a balsamic glaze on top if desired, for some tart sweetness.
- 6 Pair with a sweet wine like Sutter Home’s Moscato or Pink Moscato.