This recipe courtesy of Chef Phillip Andriano of Chef’s Diet®. It’s part of an all-day Father’s Day menu devoted to maintaining a balanced diet.
As with all Chef’s Diet meals, it contains a 40-30-30 balance, with 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats.
Click here to check out the rest of the menu.
- 4 ounce beef filet, center cut and defatted
- 1 yam
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 teaspoon shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon non-fat sour cream
- 1 In a pot boil green beans al dente and reserve.
- 2 Marinate the beef filet in the Worcestershire sauce for at least 1 hour.
- 3 In a sauté pan, griddle on both sides of the filet until desired tenderness is reached.
- 4 In the same pan add the olive oil and sauté the shallots with the cooked green beans.
- 5 In the same pan add the olive oil and sauté the shallots with the cooked green beans.
- 6 Bake the yam in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes or until tender, cut in half and serve with the sour cream and cinnamon.