Here is one recipe that is as unique as it is healthy. Take a classic hummus recipe, add lemon, red peppers, and garlic, and you have a flavor explosion that everyone will love!
To watch the Food Coach walk through this recipe step by step, click here.
- 6 oz. (about 3/4 cup) roasted jarred red bell peppers, drained
- 1 (15-oz.) can organic chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil + more to drizzle on top
- Assorted fresh vegetables or pita chips
- 1 Place chick peas, roasted bell peppers, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, salt, cumin, cayenne and olive oil in the bowl of a food processor.
- 2 Pulse 1 minute, then pause and scrape down the sides of the processor.
- 3 Continue to process on low speed until smooth (approx. 30 seconds to 1 minute).
- 4 Place hummus in a bowl and drizzle with additional olive oil if desired.
- 5 Serve with fresh veggies or pita chips.
- 6 Store left-over hummus in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- 7 *Note: consistency will firm up if hummus is refrigerated for 2-3 hours prior to serving.