Sweet potatoes like your grandmother never made them! These Roasted Sweet Potatoes are filled with onions, California grapes and toasted pepitas, seasoned with turmeric, white wine vinegar, cilantro, salt and pepper, and mint; topped with delicious feta cheese. —Editor
Recipe and photo shared by the California Table Grape Commission.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 jumbo yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup halved red or black California grapes
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted, salted pepitas
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2 Pierce the potatoes all over with a fork, place on a foil-lined sheet pan and bake for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender. Alternatively, wrap the potatoes in damp paper towel and microwave 8-10 minutes or until soft.
- 3 While the potatoes are roasting, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until softened and lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Stir in the turmeric, vinegar and salt and pepper and cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in the grapes and turn off the heat.
- 4 When potatoes are done, cut off the top quarter of each potato, fluff the insides with a fork. Top with the onion mixture, pepitas, cilantro and mint and sprinkle with feta. Serve.