A delicate sauce that pairs beautifully with pork or chicken, perfect for an easy entree. This recipe was inspired by Oregon Fruit Products Co.
- 1 can pitted Royal Anne Cherries in heavy syrup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 heaping tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 Drain syrup off the cherries directly into a small saucepan, reserving the cherries for later.
- 2 Add all ingredients to the syrup, stirring over medium heat.
- 3 Mixture should come to a boil.
- 4 Add cherries and heat through, then serve over meat of your choice.