Adopting a new lifestyle and changing the way you eat requires trying new things and foods. My approach to food is to experiment, experiment, experiment! You may not love every recipe, but if you keep trying you will find some wonderful new recipes that you can’t do without. These will become your staples. This is one of my favorite super healthy recipes.
- Base ingredients:
- 2 cups cashews (soaked for 2 hours or overnight)
- 3/4 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2-3 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4-5 tablespoons of water
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms (Crimini), diced
- 1 Preheat oven to 300°F.
- 2 Oil muffin pan with olive oil.
- 3 Drain and rinse soaked cashews. Add cashews and all base ingredients to a blender; blend until mixture is smooth. It will be very thick.
- 4 Lightly sauté (medium heat for 2-4 minutes) all veggies. Remove from heat.
- 5 Pour sauce over veggies until well incorporated.
- 6 With an ice cream scooper, evenly scoop mixture into a muffin/cup cake pan.
- 7 Bake for 50 minutes. Let cool.
- 8 Serve with a spinach/red onion salad.