- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2 Combine tomatoes and their juices, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a heavy pot and cook covered for 1 hour. Remove the lid and cook for 1 more hour, or until the juice has thickened.
- 3 Stir occasionally and scrape down the tomatoes from the edges to prevent burning.
- 4 Cool and puree finely to a paste-like consistency.
- 5 Top with Parmesan cheese and serve on toasted baguettes.