Sake, the traditional Japanese rice wine, meets the classic American martini in this trendy cocktail. Peppercorn Mélange provides an eye-catching garnish.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
This recipe is the result of flavor studies showing new trends in pairings. Read more about how the flavor forecast pairings are chosen.
- McCormick® Gourmet CollectionTM Peppercorn Mélange
- 1 1/2 ounces dry sake
- 1 1/2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce green tea liqueur
- 1 small cucumber (optional)
- 1 Place peppercorns in large resealable plastic bag. Close tightly. Pound with a rolling pin, mallet or heavy skillet until coarsely cracked. Pour out onto a small plate. Wet outside rims of martini glasses with water. Dip glasses in cracked peppercorns to lightly coat.
- 2 Fill cocktail shaker two-thirds full with ice. Add sake, vodka and green tea liqueur; shake until well mixed and chilled. Strain into martini glasses.
- 3 If desired, scoop out small cucumber balls from peeled cucumber using a melon baller. Slice thin strips of cucumber peel and float in the martinis.