Salpicon de Pulpo is made with boiled octopus, red and yellow peppers, onion, vinegar and olive oil.
- 1 octopus
- Red, yellow and orange or green peppers (one of each)
- 1 red onion
- Olive oil
- 1 How to Boil Octopus:
- 2 If you buy a frozen octopus, place in a pot with cold water and salt and leave there until you are able to pierce it with a fork and it is soft.
- 3 If the octopus is fresh, you must wash and clean the octopus, removing the ink sack and internal organs by making a circular cut around the beak with a paring knife and pulling it free (the organs will come with it).
- 4 Set three full pots of water on the stove, each with a cork in it, and bring them to a boil.
- 5 Drop the octopus into the first, and when the water stops boiling, transfer it to the second.
- 6 When the second stops boiling, transfer it to the third, and when it stops boiling return it to the first, which should be boiling again by now.
- 7 Repeat the transfers a second time, and when you get to the first pot for the second time, boil the octopus for 20 minutes.
- 8 Then cut the peppers, onions, and octopus into small pieces and place them all in a bowl.
- 9 Add the vinegar, olive oil, and salt to taste.