These cheesy ribbons are a sophisticated addition to any party.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
- 1/2 pound finely shredded extra sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Combine cheese and margarine in a large bowl; blend thoroughly. Add remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- 3 Fit a cookie press with a bar-shaped disk. Fill with dough. Make 4 continuous ribbons of dough down length of cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
- 4 Cut across ribbons at 2-inch intervals with a knife.
- 5 Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to wire racks to cool.