The flavors of four delicious ingredients blend together to make this quick-to-prepare, hearty side dish.
Recipe Courtesy of BUSH’S BEST® Beans and The Vegetable with More.™
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142, Total Fat: 2.3g, Cholesterol: 4mg, Sodium: 588mg, total Carbs: 21.6g, Dietary Fiber: 4.7g, Protein: 6.8g
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15.8 ounce) can BUSH'S® BEST Blackeye Peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can seasoned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 Cook bacon in 10-inch skillet over medium heat until crisp. Transfer bacon with a slotted spoon to a paper towel; set aside.
- 2 Cook onion in drippings in skillet until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3 Stir in BUSH'S BEST Blackeye Peas and tomatoes; simmer uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4 Top with reserved bacon and serve warm.