Take this extra-special casserole to your next potluck dinner. It’s a great new dish to take to holiday get-togethers this year.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
To use fresh sweet potatoes instead of canned, peel 2 lbs. sweet potatoes and slice in 1/2-inch slices. Cook in saucepan with 1 cup water over medium heat for about 30 minutes or until soft.
- 1 cup Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup cold butter or margarine
- 1 can (40 ounces) sweet potatoes or yams, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 In medium bowl, stir together Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix and 1/2 cup brown sugar; cut in butter (using a food processor, pastry blender or your fingers) until crumbly. Put about half of the crumbs (about 1 cup) in a greased 8x8-inch baking dish; reserve rest of crumbs.
- 2 Slice sweet potatoes and place in a layer over crumbs. In small bowl, stir together sour cream and 1/4 cup brown sugar; spoon over sweet potatoes.
- 3 Stir pecans into reserved crumbs; sprinkle over top.
- 4 Bake in a 375°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes on top oven rack or until streusel topping is golden brown.