You’ll be the star of the show when you show up at the party with these delectable cookies. Use high quality European Style Plugrá butter for best results.
- 1 cup Plugrá unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- Food coloring (optional)
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- 2 Combine butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed till light and fluffy.
- 3 Add the egg, vanilla and almond extract and salt. Add flour 1/4 cup at a time until well blended.
- 4 At this time, if you want different colored cookies, divide the dough and add food coloring to each divided piece.
- 5 Fill the cookie press with the dough. Press out the dough onto a parchment lined cookie sheet about 1 inch apart. You can sprinkle the cookie dough with sugar or decorations now.
- 6 Bake for 8-10 minutes or just until the edges start browning. Remove to a cooling rack.