Your kids will love these adorable cookies.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
When measuring biscuit and baking mix, gently spoon mix into nested (dry) measuring cup/s. Using a metal spatula or straight-edged knife, level off the top.
Choose from the new decorating icings on the market, such as Writing Icing or Food Coloring Markers.
- 3/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened (do not use margarine; reserve butter box
- 1 each Large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Grated lemon peel or vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Yellow food color
- 2 1/2 cups Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1/2 cup Mini M & M candies
- 2 teaspoons Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Decorating icing (optional)
- 1 In large mixer bowl, beat sugar and butter until creamy. Add egg; beat until light and fluffy. Add lemon peel and food coloring; beat to combine.
- 2 Add Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, beating on low speed to combine.
- 3 Shape dough into a ball. Pack dough firmly in empty butter box (coated with cooking spray), tapping box on counter to pack. Close box. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until dough is very firm.
- 4 Carefully peel box away from dough. Cut a wedge, 1 1/2 inches long by 1 inch high, out of the top right corner; set wedge aside.
- 5 Using a long, thin-bladed knife, slice dough lengthwise into ten 1/4-inch slices.
- 6 Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Using your fingers, round off the corners to make each shape resemble a school bus. Decorate with candies as desired.
- 7 Mix cocoa into the reserved dough. Shape dough into balls, using 1/2 teaspoon dough for each. Flatten slightly to resemble wheels; place 2 on each bus cookie.
- 8 Bake at 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies just begin to brown. Cool on pan before removing to wire rack. Decorate with icing as desired. Makes 10 school bus cookies.