Now that you have created your DIY Seasoned Salts, how can you use them? We’ll show you!
Use these three simple recipes to create a delicious weeknight meal for the family, including Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Chipotle & Lemon Thyme Salt, New York Steak with Mushroom Salt Rub, and Vanilla Ice Cream and Grilled Pineapple with Lemon Thyme Salt.
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
Haven’t created your own DIY Seasoned Salt yet? Click here to see how.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Chipotle & Lemon Thyme Salt:
- 1 1/2 lb Brussels Sprouts
- 3 tablespoons high-quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 teaspoon Chipotle Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- To taste DIY Lemon Thyme Salt
New York Steak with Mushroom Salt Rub
- 1 lb New York Strip Steak
- High quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- DIY Mushroom Salt Rub
- Freshly ground black pepper
Vanilla Ice Cream and Grilled Pineapple with Lemon Thyme Salt
- 1 scoop high quality Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 grilled pineapple slice
- A pinch of Lemon Thyme Salt
For Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Chipotle & Lemon Thyme Salt:
- 1 Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Trim ends, cut brussels sprouts in half and put into a large bowl.
- 2 Sprinkle Chipotle Salt and drizzle olive oil over brussel sprouts. Add freshly ground. black pepper and mix with a large spoon.
- 3 Place on a baking sheet without overlapping.
- 4 Check on veggies and after 12 minutes, turn over and rotate brussels sprouts.
- 5 Roast for another 12 minutes.
- 6 Sprinkle DIY Lemon Thyme Salt over veggies (to taste).
- 7 Place in warm serving bowl.
For New York Steak with Mushroom Salt Rub:
- 1 Dry meat with a paper towel. Drizzle steak with olive oil. Generously sprinkle DIY Mushroom Salt Rub and black pepper on both sides of the steak. Massage the rub into the meat, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours.
- 2 Heat grill on high for 10 minutes. Place meat on hot grill. After 2 minutes, turn meat diagonally to get cross-hatched marks and grill for another 2 minutes.
- 3 For medium rare steak, cook over indirect heat until an instant meat thermometer registers 125F degrees (place thermometer in thickest portion of steak).
- 4 Remove to a warm serving platter and let the steak rest, tented with foil for 10 minutes. Serve with hatch marks facing up
- 5 * Recommend marinating in fridge overnight to maximize Mushroom Salt flavors or putting seasoning on before grilling.
- 6 Do NOT apply Mushroom Salt Rub to your food AFTER cooking. Raw Mushrooms (even in a dried form) can be toxic.
For Vanilla Ice Cream and Grilled Pineapple with Lemon Thyme Salt:
- 1 Heat grill on high. Place pineapple slices directly over heat and grill for a minute or so until bottom of the pineapple has grill marks. Turn 90 degrees to create hatched grill marks. Turn and repeat on the other side. Pineapple will be done when heated through.
- 2 Place one scoop of vanilla ice cream in a bowl or glass. Put grilled pineapple to the side of the ice cream scoop and sprinkle a small amount of Lemon Thyme Salt over ice cream and pineapple.
- 3 Serve at once.
- 4 *Other fruit options are peach, mango, nectarine or any stone fruit. If you don’t have a grill, you can use a ridged cast iron pan.