Our friend, celebrity caterer Andrea Correale, Founder and President of Elegant Affairs, is at it again. This time sharing some incredible, and fun, recipes for game-day watch parties or your next tailgating event.
As football season really heats up, make sure your appetizers and game-day foods keep up!
This recipe for Sesame Chicken Lollipops With Miso Dipping Sauce is easy to make, packs a flavorful punch, and creates a very on-trend, handheld protein in a unique presentation with a delicious dipping sauce.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 dash sesame oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast meat; cubed into 2-inch pieces
- 1 quart peanut oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons toasted white sesame seeds
- As needed long wooden skewers
- As needed miso dipping sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white miso paste
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 Sift flour with 2 tablespoons fo cornstarch, baking soda and baking powder.
- 2 Mix together soy sauce, water, vegetable oil and a pinch of sesame oil; stir until smooth.
- 3 Fold in chicken until coated with the batter, then cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- 4 Heat oil in a deep fryer or large saucepan to a temperature of 375 degrees F.
- 5 Drop in battered chicken pieces and fry until they turn golden brown and float to the top of the oil, 3-4 minutes.
- 6 Drain on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- 7 Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds to garnish.
- 8 To serve, skewer chicken pieces using long wooden skewers.
- 1 In a small bowl, whisk together miso, water, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and salt.
- 2 While whisking, gradually add peanut and sesame oil until you have a creamy dressing.
- 3 Serve with White Sesame Chicken Lollipops.