Great for game day and casual gatherings, this kicked-up Southwestern-style seven-layer dip recipe will score big with your guests.
A glass pie plate is perfect for this dip, but you can also use a disposable football-shaped dish to enhance the football theme!
This recipe is courtesy of Campbell’s.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (about 1 ounce) taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Pace® Chunky Salsa - mild
- 1/4 cup Cheddar jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup tomato, chopped (optional)
- 2 bags (about 20 ounces each) tortilla chips
- 1 Stir the cream cheese and taco seasoning in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth. Spread the cream cheese mixture on the bottom of a shallow serving dish.
- 2 Spread the beans over the cream cheese mixture. Top with the salsa, cheese and lettuce. Top with the olives and tomatoes, if desired. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with the tortilla chips for dipping.