Perfect for a weeknight dinner or effortless entertaining option, this recipe for Sheet Pan Maple Mustard Chicken with Pecans and Sweet Potatoes combines pecans, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, cinnamon and nutmeg for a flavor-packed meal. Pecans add a nutritious crunch and the best part? Only one dish to clean!
- 1 cup raw pecan halves
- 4 chicken thighs (bone in, skin on), trimmed of excess fat
- 1 large sweet potato (about 1 pound), cut into wedges/thick slices*
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or pecan oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- To taste kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- To taste fresh chopped herbs for serving (parsley, thyme, rosemary, etc.)
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F. convection roast if you have that setting. Otherwise, 425°F.
- 2 Place the trimmed chicken thighs skin side up on a clean surface and season liberally with salt and pepper then transfer to a large bowl.
- 3 Add the sweet potatoes and pecans to the bowl with the chicken.
- 4 In a separate small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, mustard, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 5 Pour the mixture into the large bowl with the chicken. Gently toss everything together until the chicken, sweet potatoes and pecans are all evenly coated.
- 6 Spread out onto a foil lined baking sheet in an even single layer.
- 7 Roast for about 20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked, flipping the sweet potatoes and pecans 1-2 times during cooking to ensure even browning and caramelization. If you want a deep golden-brown skin on the chicken, finish under the broiler for about 1 minute, watching carefully so it doesn’t burn!
- 8 Remove from oven, garnish with fresh herbs and serve.