Shish Kabobs Recipe. A classic shish-ke-bob recipe can start your wheels turning for endless possibilities for creativity on the grill. Use your taste buds and imagination to thread your favorite vegetables and proteins on the skewers.
- 2 pounds cubes of chicken or stew meat
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 red onion
- 2 cans potatoes
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 bottle Italian salad dressing
- 1 Slice peppers and onions into rectangle-shaped segments. Cube tomato.
- 2 Arrange all ingredients on pre-soaked or metal skewers, layering according to taste (meat, onion, pepper, potato, tomato, meat, etc.).
- 3 When all kebobs are assembled, lay in shallow cookie sheet and cover with Italian salad dressing. Allow skewers to soak in dressing for several hours (even overnight).
- 4 About one hour before serving, move skewers to a fresh baking sheet and bake on a low oven (300 degrees) for about 20 minutes. Move to high heat (450 degrees) for an additional 10 minutes. Or, can finish on a hot grill for about 10 minutes until vegetables are nicely roasted and meat is tender. Adjust quantities according to personal tastes.