Delight your taste buds with a truly original appetizer recipe featuring the combination of shrimp, wild rice and dill and thyme in a pancake form. It’s finished with a roasted red pepper aioli.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®
- Roasted Pepper-Dill Aioli:
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted red peppers, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Dill Weed
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Mustard, Ground
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper, Coarse Grind
- Shrimp and Wild Rice Cakes:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay® Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup cooked (unsalted) wild rice
- 1 cup chopped cooked shrimp
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Dill Seed, toasted
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 For the Aioli, mix all ingredients in medium bowl; cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2 For the Shrimp Cakes, mix flour, baking powder and Old Bay in large bowl. Stir in shrimp, cooked rice, green onions, dill seed and thyme. Add butter, milk and eggs; gently stir until well blended.
- 3 Spray large nonstick skillet with no stick cooking spray. Heat on medium heat. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of shrimp mixture into skillet. Flatten slightly so cakes are about 2 inches in diameter. Cook cakes in small batches, 5 minutes per side, or until lightly browned.
- 4 Serve shrimp cakes with 1/2 of the Aioli. (Remaining Aioli may be used as a sandwich spread or as a dip for vegetables.)