Recipe courtesy of “Sally James”
- 1 cup self raising flour
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped Simarloo glacé fruit of choice
- 1/4 cup chopped Australian macadamias
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 To serve, cream and jam
- 2 Preheat oven to 400ºF. Lightly oil a baking tray.
- 3 Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Chop the butter into small pieces and rub into flour until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- 4 Add peel and macadamias and mix into flour. Make a well in the centre and pour in the milk.
- 5 Using a butter knife, gently fold the liquid into the flour until mixture comes together.
- 6 Transfer to a floured board and knead just to form a smooth dough. Flatten to 1 inch thickness, then cut into rounds.
- 7 Transfer scones to baking tray, arrange close to each other with no gaps in between. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden.
- 8 Line a metal colander or large bowl with a clean kitchen cloth and transfer the scones into the bowl, covering with the cloth. Allow to cool slightly, then serve with cream and jam of choice.