This Simple Spicy Key Lime Shrimp dish will remind you of beaches, long summers and delicious seafood meals.
Pair with a sweet wine like Sutter Home’s White Zinfandel to offset the spicy-hot shrimp for a nice balance of sweet and spice.
Recipe and image courtesy of A Few Shortcuts and Sutter Home.
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup key lime juice
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Sutter Home White Zinfandel
For the Dipping Sauce (optional):
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, diced
- Dash of salt, to taste
- 1 In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, spices, and key lime juice to form a marinade.
- 2 Toss shrimp in the marinade to coat and allow them to sit for at least 10 minutes.
To Cook in a Skillet:
- 1 Preheat your skillet over medium heat. Sautee your shrimp for 2 -3 minutes on each side until they are pink and no longer opaque.
- 1 You may also choose to grill these on medium heat.
- 2 Place shrimp on skewers and cook for about 2 minutes on each side until no longer pink.
- 1 Serve these warm with a nice side salad or pasta and a glass of Sutter HomeWhite Zinfandel Wine.
- 2 Cut the spice with a delicious Cilantro sour cream dipping sauce.
- 3 Whiskthedipping sauceingredients together and serve alongside the shrimp.