Skinny Mint Chip Ice Cream Recipe. No one will ever guess that this smooth and creamy mint treat is light. It is the perfect treat for your St. Patrick’s Day celebration.
This recipe courtesy of tasteofhome
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 289 calories, 7 grams fat (4 grams saturated fat), 4 milligrams cholesterol, 216 milligrams sodium, 50 grams carbohydrate, 1 gram fiber, 6 grams protein.
- 4 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 In a large bowl, beat half-and-half and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
- 2 Beat in the condensed milk, extract and food coloring if desired.
- 3 Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- 4 Coarsely chop chocolate chunks if desired; stir into ice cream.
- 5 Transfer to freezer containers. Freeze for 2-4 hours before serving.