Smoked Paprika Roasted Salmon with Wilted Spinach Recipe. A sweet-smoky rub featuring smoked paprika, brown sugar and cinnamon complements salmon’s moderate flavor and moist meaty texture. Served on a bed of sautéed spinach, this dish makes a lovely presentation for entertaining.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection Thyme Leaves, divided
- 2 pounds salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Paprika, Smoked
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Cinnamon, Saigon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1 bag (10 ounces) fresh spinach leaves
- 1 Mix orange juice, 2 tablespoons of the oil and 1 teaspoon of the thyme in small bowl. Place salmon in glass dish. Add marinade; turn to coat. Cover. Refrigerate 30 minutes or longer for extra flavor.
- 2 Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix brown sugar, smoked paprika, cinnamon, orange peel, remaining 1 teaspoon thyme and sea salt in small bowl. Remove salmon from marinade. Place in greased foil-lined baking pan. Discard any remaining marinade.
- 3 Rub top of salmon evenly with smoked paprika mixture. Roast 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 4 Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add spinach; cook 2 minutes or until wilted. Serve salmon over spinach.