Smokey Margarita recipes. Innovative bartenders are shaking up classic cocktails with modern twists. This margarita gets its sweetness from agave nectar, a natural sweetener, and a distinct smokiness from Spanish smoked paprika.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
This recipe is the result of flavor studies showing new trends in pairings. Read more about how the flavor forecast pairings are chosen.
- 3 tablespoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection™ Sicilian Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection™
- Smoked Paprika, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 6 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 Mix sea salt and 1 tablespoon of the smoked paprika on a small plate. Wet outside rims of margarita or other beverage glasses with lime wedge. Dip glasses into sea salt mixture to coat.
- 2 Fill cocktail shaker with 2 cups of ice. Add lime juice, agave nectar, tequila and remaining 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika; shake until well mixed and chilled. Immediately pour into prepared glasses.