This Southwest-style chicken is the perfect healthy recipe for families on the go. Bursting with flavor and with only five ingredients, this dish is heavy on flavor and light on sodium and fat.
Kick up your next dinner a notch with this southwest salsa chicken recipe by heading over to the recipe video, here.
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 (1-oz.) package low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- Cilantro or green onion, chopped, optional
- 1 Preheat oven 350°F.
- 2 Coat 9 x 13 glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3 In bowl, mix together salsa, sour cream, and taco seasoning.
- 4 Place chicken into prepared dish.
- 5 Pour sauce over chicken and bake 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- 6 Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro or green onion, if desired.