The simple addition of chili seasoning mix and fresh cilantro turn an ordinary grilled burger into something with extra sizzle and sass.
This recipe courtesy of Williams Foods Company, C.H. Guenther & Son, Inc.
- For the burgers: 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 package (1 ounce) Williams Chili Seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 6 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 6 slices Cheddar cheese
- Tex Mex Mayo (see recipe)
- For the Tex Mex Mayo: 1 package (1 ounce) Williams Tex-Mex Chili Seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 To prepare burgers: Heat grill and allow coals to burn down to white ash. Stir Williams Chili Seasoning into beef, blending well; shape into 6 patties. Grill meat over hot coals about 5 to 7 minutes per side or until done.
- 2 Season cooked patties with salt, to taste. Place cooked beef patty on a bun, top with cheese, salsa and Tex Mex Mayo.
- 3 To prepare Tex Mex Mayo: Combine Williams Chili Seasoning, mayonnaise and cilantro in a small bowl. Blend until combined. Cover and refrigerate several hours to blend flavors.
- 4 Serve as a dressing, a dip with fresh vegetables, as a sandwich spread for deli meats or as a condiment on hamburgers. Makes about 1 2/3 cups.