Crispy pieces of fried fish top this Southwestern taco salad. OLD BAY Seasoning boosts the flavor for a perfectly seasoned taste.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 1/2 cup McCormick® Original Tartar Sauce for Seafood
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1 pound tilapia fillets, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1/2 cup McCormick® Fish Fry Seafood Fry Mix
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 teaspoons OLD BAY® Seasoning or OLD BAY® with Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 1 bag (10 ounces) mixed salad greens
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced into thin wedges
- 1 Mix tartar sauce and salsa for dressing. Refrigerate until ready to serve with salad.
- 2 Dip fillets in water; shake off excess. Coat with Fry Mix.
- 3 Pour oil into deep fryer or large heavy skillet, filling no more than 1/3 full. Heat to 375°F on medium heat. Fry fish, a few pieces at a time, 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning once to brown evenly. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle fish with Old Bay.
- 4 Toss salad greens, tomatoes and avocados in large bowl. Divide among serving plates. Place fish on greens. Serve with dressing.
- 5 TIP: You can substitute cod or pollock for the tilapia.