A holiday favorite recipe packed full of soy. It’s versatile in taste and texture. soy has numerous benefits, including heart-healthyprotein, fiber and isoflavones.
Recipe courtesy of The Soyfoods Council
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup soy flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned (not instant) oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups texturized soy protein
- 1 3/4 cups M&M candies
- 1 package (18 ounces) brownie mix plus any ingredients needed to prepare according to package directions
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 In large mixing bowl, stir together brown sugar, flour and soy flour, baking powder, oatmeal, texturized soy protein and M&Ms. Mixture will be crumbly.
- 3 Reserve 2 cups of this mixture and set aside. In well-greased 10x15-inch pan, pat oatmeal mixture into an even layer.
- 4 In medium bowl, prepare brownies according to package directions.
- 5 Spread brownie batter over oatmeal layer in pan. Sprinkle remaining oatmeal mixture evenly over brownie layer.
- 6 Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in pan on rack 10 minutes.