French bread pizza topped with cubed SPAM™ will be a favorite lunch or dinner for the kids.
This recipe courtesy of SPAM®: http://www.spam.com.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf French bread
- 1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic, cubed
- 1 cup chunky-style spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 Heat oven to 425°F.
- 2 In skillet, sauté vegetables in oil 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- 3 Cut bread in half lengthwise. Pull out all soft parts, leaving two crust shells. Spoon vegetables and SPAM® into bread shells. Spoon spaghetti sauce over SPAM®. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 4 Place shells on baking sheet. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.