Wrap SPAM®, ricotta cheese, cream cheese and chopped spinach in crescent rolls and you have nice puff pastry.
This recipe courtesy of SPAM®.
- 1 can (7-ounce) SPAM® Classic, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 package (3-ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs, divided
- 3 packages (8-ounce) refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 Heat oven to 400Âº F. In large bowl, combine SPAM® Classic, spinach, ricotta cheese, cream cheese and 1 egg.
- 2 Separate each package of refrigerated dough into 8 triangles. Cut each triangle in half, beginning at point. Place 1 teaspoon SPAM™ mixture in center of half of the triangles. Cover with remaining triangles; press edges with fork to seal. Place on baking sheets.
- 3 Beat together 1 egg and water; brush over triangles. Sprinkle top with garlic powder, if desired. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 24 appetizers.