Potatoes Florentine stuffed with SPAM™, spinach, and three melted cheeses are a filling meal option.
This recipe courtesy of SPAM®.
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 1 can SPAM® Lite (12-ounce), cubed
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 6 baking potatoes baked and kept warm
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Heat oven to 350F.
- 2 Spray a shallow rectangular 2-quart baking dish with vegetable cooking spray. In large non-stick skillet, sauté SPAM® in butter 3 minutes. Add onion, spinach, and thyme; cook and stir 2 minutes. Set aside.
- 3 Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato. Scoop out each potato, leaving a 1/2-inch shell. Place shells in prepared baking dish.
- 4 Place scooped out potato in medium mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed 30 seconds. Add milk, Parmesan cheese, and pepper; beat just until combined. Stir in SPAM™ mixture.
- 5 Fill potato shells with potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, 25 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 6 Top with cheeses. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.