Oven roasted turkey SPAM® on a bamboo skewer, wrapped in a crescent roll. Makes a perfect corndog substitute! Serve with ketchup and mustard for dipping.
This recipe courtesy of SPAM®.
- 12 bamboo skewers
- 1 can (12-ounce) SPAM® Oven Roasted Turkey
- 2 cans (8-ounce) of refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 package (1 1/4-ounce) package mild chili seasoning mix
- 4 slices (1-ounce) American cheese
- 1 Soak bamboo skewers in water for 10 minutes. Heat oven to 375ºF.
- 2 Remove SPAM® from can and, cutting from top to bottom, cut SPAM® into 12 logs. Insert a skewer into the end of each log to within 1/2-inch of the other end.
- 3 Open crescent rolls. Pinch and shape the crescents into one long rectangle. Cut rectangle into 6 even pieces. Continue this with the second can of rolls.
- 4 Place chili seasoning onto a plate. Cut each slice of cheese into 6 even strips. Roll each SPAM log one at a time in the chili mix. Place a coated log on a piece of dough. Place 2 strips of cheese on the same piece of dough. Roll it up and seal the dough by pinching the sides and ends together.
- 5 Place logs, 1 to 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown and baked through. Serve hot with ketchup and mustard, for dipping.