Spanish Patatas Bravas is part of the Side Dishes From Around the World series by Rattan Direct.
A traditional fried potato dish, Patatas Bravas is served with a homemade sauce made from red chilis, tomatoes, fresh garlic, and spices.
- 4 potatoes, peeled and large dice
- 1 can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red chili, pierced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Maldon salt
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 Rinse the potatoes in cold water and drain on kitchen roll.
- 2 Put the tomatoes, oil, chili, paprika, tomato puree, and salt in a saucepan with 2 whole garlic cloves. Loosen with a splash of water and simmer for 20 minutes until reduced.
- 3 Fry the potatoes in the oil, with a clove of garlic, until crisp and golden.
- 4 Drape the potatoes with sauce.
- 5 Serve hot or cold.