Try this version of sweet potatoes to round out the flavors with sweet, spicy and crunch all included!
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
Facts per Serving
Calories: 346 Fat, Total: 10g Carbohydrates, Total: 61g
Cholesterol: 23mg Sodium: 476mg Protein: 4g
Fiber: 8g % Cal. from Fat: 26% % Cal. from Carbs: 71%
- 3 pounds whole unpeeled sweet potatoes (dark red-skinned sweet potatoes; also known as yams)
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 15- to 16-ounce can chestnut puree
- 5 tablespoons (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line baking sheet with foil. Butter 8x8x2-inch ceramic baking dish. Pierce yams in several places with fork. Bake until yams are very tender, about 1 hour.
- 2 Reduce temperature to 375ºF. Cool slightly. Peel skins from yams. Puree yams through food mill and into large bowl.
- 3 Mix 6 tablespoons butter into yams. Add chestnut purée, 3 tablespoons brown sugar and next 5 ingredients; mash until smooth. Spoon yam mixture into prepared dish. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Return to room temperature before baking.)
- 4 Dot top of yams with remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Bake until heated through and bubbly, about 30 minutes.