A fresh filet of salmon, glazed with a homemade spicy sauce and citrusy lemon wedges.
This recipe is courtesy of Savory Experiments and Sutter Home.
Spicy Salmon Ingredients:
- 1 to 1-1/2 lbs. salmon filet, whole and skin on
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon old bay
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Lemon Slices
- 1 Soak cedar planks for 1-2 hours in water.
- 2 In a small bowl, combine Spicy Salmon Sauce ingredients, mayonnaise, cayenne pepper, Old Bay, hot sauce and brown sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- 3 In another small bowl, combine salmon rub ingredients, Kosher salt, cayenne pepper and white pepper. Evenly sprinkle on top of salmon filet. Allow to sit with rub while heating the grill.
- 4 Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- 5 When ready to cook, place rubbed salmon filet on the cedar plank and set the entire thing on direct heat.
- 6 Close the lid and allow to cook for 5 minutes. Open and baste with spicy salmon sauce. Close and cook an additional 3 minutes.
- 7 Baste again, applying a thick coat. Close for another 2 minutes.
- 8 Open and top with lemon slices, closing for another 2 minutes or until salmon has reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees F for medium.
- 9 Remove and serve immediately.
- 10 Pair with chilled sweet wines such as Sutter Home White Zinfandel, Moscato and Pink Moscato.