This spicy chicken quesadilla recipe is quick and easy to make, but tastes better if you make your own salsa and guacamole; neither of which take much time or effort!
We prepare the entire chicken quesadilla on the grill, but you could choose to make it indoors using a griddle or frying pan.
One chicken quesadilla will feed 2 people easily, so whip up this quick and delicious meal today! Want to see how the experts do it? Watch the how-to video right here.
This recipe is courtesy of the chefs at Rattan Direct.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 pack fajita seasoning
- 2 tortillas
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- Mozzarella, grated
- Queso fresco, or Feta, crumbled
For the Guacamole
- 1 avocado
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 red chili, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Tomato Salsa
- 1 tomato deseeded and shredded
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Rub the chicken all over with fajita spice and grill on the barbecue or indoors. Set aside to cool.
- 2 Mix the ingredients for the guacamole and cover the surface with cling film to prevent browning.
- 3 Mix the salsa ingredients together.
- 4 Scatter the cheese and chicken over one tortilla and top with the other. Press down.
- 5 Grill on the barbecue, or in a dry frying pan, until the outside is crisp and the cheese melted.
- 6 Serve hot with the dips. We added grilled baby corn to a salad garnish to make up the meal.